West Midlands Police 1 v 0 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2004-2005

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2224
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

West Midlands Police 1 v 0 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:37 pm


The continued inability to put away the poorer teams in the league is in danger of ruining what has so far been a rewarding season. Manager Mick Beadle was left once again scratching his head as a Police side claimed all three points, when they were there for the taking. Had Town still been playing now they wouldn?t have scored and the home teams winner came in comical manner.

Coleshill started brightly with some early pressure on the Police goal. Danny Carter saw an overhead kick go just wide, Craig Davies turned sharply but shot over and the home team defended desperately three consequetive corners. A Matt Ward slip allowed the Police to get their first effort at goal on twenty minutes but they were starting to come into the game more and with better finishing could have been a couple of goals up by the break. The game had deteriorated into a poor specticle for the scant crowd. Chris Davies saw an overhead kick then a turn and shot both go wide then made the keeper work but his shot went too straight to the stopper. Chris Gee sliced wide when well placed but it was the home team that had the best chances. Luckily Town Keeper Craig Jones was hardly tested with some wayward shooting but he did have to be alert when a speculartive effort from distance was palmed onto the bar before clearing for a corner.


Coleshill played much better in the second half as they pinned the Police back in their own half. Craig Davies set up Danny Carter but his powerful shot went straight at the keeper, then the young striker looked to have broke the deadlock but somehow the keeper gat a finger tip to his deligate chip. Substitite Tim Lane brought down a Frank Woodburn cross, turned but shot narrowly wide. Craig Davies shot from distance but again the effort went straight at the keeper. The home team were spectators at this point as Coleshill stepped up the pressure in search of the all important goal but unfortunately it came at the other end. A rare Police attack should have easily been cut out but a Steve Lees clearance was blocked, the ball fell to Frank Woodburn who again attempted a clearance but again it was blocked but this time the ball ballooned off striker Tom Smith and sailed over Jones into the Coleshill net. This lifted the home team and they very nearly increased the lead in their next attack as the ball hit the bar and was twice blocked in a sustained goalmouth scramble. Coleshill broke quickly and Craig Davies attempted a chip that was easily saved and in the dying minutes Craig Jones came up for a corner and as often happens the keeper got to the ball first but his shot was deflected for another corner.

Team;- Craig Jones, Steve Lees, Frank Woodburn, Des Wilkes, Matt Ward, Chris Gee, Josh McPherson, Chris Davies (Tim Lane), Craig Davies, Danny Carter, Lee Dempster (Kevin Wagstaff). Sub not used Matty Phipps.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2004-2005”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest