Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Continental Star

First Team Match Reports 2004-2005

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2218
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Continental Star

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:15 pm

Saturday 16th April 2005
Midland Combination Premier Division
Coleshill Town 1 v 1 Continental Star
Scorer: Danny Carter.

Coleshill made the better start against lowly Continental Star. Danny Carter nipped in to intercept a back pass to round the keeper but somehow a defender got back with a last ditch tackle to clear for a corner. Josh McPherson playing against his former team in an unfamiliar centre back role had an outstanding game, a shuddering tackle on the edge of his own box summed up his performance. A quickly taken free kick by Craig Davies was fed to Tim Lane who hit the bar from distance. With the break through not coming Star slowly came more into the game, and Town's performance stuttered with Carter constantly being caught off side. With half time approaching Carter had three great opportunities to overtake Davies in the goalscoring charts. A through ball by Lane was flicked past the keeper by Carter but also just past the post. In a one on one with the giant keeper Carter tried to chip him rather than take him on and his effort was saved. But the third and hardest chance was finally converted to put Town in the lead on 40 minutes. A Stuart Howard cross was cleverly pulled down and shot past the keeper in one movement to take Carter's tally to 18 in his first full season at senior level.
In the second half Continental did what the do best, battled for every ball. Coleshill helped them in their cause by giving the ball away too easily, but neither side really looked like adding to the scoreline. The nearest Coleshill came was from a neat move involving Mitchell Thompson then Craig Davies who crossed for Stuart Howard who hit the post with his shot. On 75 minutes Davies was booked for decent and as he walked away the Referee heard him say something and booked him for the second time. Star upped the pace and bombarded the Town goal. On one such attack Millington-Day went up for a cross ball and was clattered to the ground and in an effort to retrieve the loose ball was kicked in the head. The ball was finally cleared for a corner but Day was out for the count with blood pouring from an open wound. After treatment it was obvious he could not continue and with all three subs on the field Town were down to nine men with Tim Lane between the sticks. Seven minutes into time added on Leon Bedwood got on the end of another long ball and chipped the ball over Lane into the net. There was time only to take the restart kick before the Referee blew his whistle to end the game.

Team:- Miles Millington Day, Alan Wright, Josh McPherson (Chris Gee), Matt Ward, Stuart Howard (James Lloyd), Tim Lane, Carl Smith, Kevin Wagstaff, Craig Davies, Danny Carter, Mitchell Thompson(Lee Dempster).

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2004-2005”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest