Atherstone Town 4 v 1 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2005-2006

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Atherstone Town 4 v 1 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Nov 13, 2005 3:18 pm

Tuesday 25th October 2005
Midland Combination Premier Division
Atherstone Town 4 v 1 Coleshill Town
Scorer: Shaun Kidson.

Coleshill have come a long way in the last couple of weeks but this game against the unbeaten league leaders, proved that they still have some work to do before being genuine title contenders. Don't be mislead by the scoreline, Coleshill were more than a match for the Adders for almost an hour and had they taken one of the many chances they created, the outcome may have been different. Michael Campbell could have come away with the match ball, as time and again the home team defence struggled to cope with his power and strength but his luck was out as one effort was cleared off the line and the impressive keeper got the slightest of touches as Campbell attempted to round him. In the pre-match build up Atherstone's manager Jimmy Ginnelly had said "The key to the match will be whether Coleshill can stop our two forwards", well in the first half Partridge was unoticeable and Dunckley had to come deeper to see the ball and was reduced to long range efforts, one of which hit the bar. Ironically it was Adders full back Carl Hines who finally broke the deadlock two minutes before half time with a fine run and a rasping shot but Coleshill should have cleared the danger well before the man of the match got into a goalscoring position. The talk in the board room at half time was of an exciting, end to end game with a scoreline that could have read 4-4, but Coleshill's chances were the more clear cut and they did not deserve to be behind.
The second half began with Coleshill again in the ascendancy but the game changed with James Dance somehow denied an equaliser by an instinctive save by Williams in the home goal, then Adders increased their lead with a gift from Miles Millington-Day. Day had took some stick from the home crowd throughout the game and with his confidence affected he presented the ball to Roy Dunckley from a routine clearance. Day and Wilkes tried to salvage the situation but the ball finally arrived at the feet of Matthias Blake who shot into an empty net. This knocked the stuffing out of the visitors and the now up beat home team went for the throat. Dunckley got his customary goal, nipping in at the near post and finishing another fine run by Hines. Then the referee awarded a very harsh penalty with Wilkes unable to get out of the way when the ball was flicked up at him and Dunckley converting for his second of the night. It could have got worse but that would have been unfair on a now demoralised Coleshill. Shaun Kidson pulled one back as his free kick found the net with the keeper routed to the spot and Alan Wright had a header cleared off the line but the game died as a specticle with the result now inevitable. Manager Mick Beadle was absent from this game but will need to pick up his troups for the F.A.Vase game away to Oldbury on Saturday.

Team;- Miles Millington-Day,Alan Wright, Des Wilkes, Simon Bradbury, Sam Chatwin (Mitchell Thompson), Dan Greaves (Shaun Kidson), Kevin Wagsatff, Rob Ellis, David Brush (Linzell Taylor), Michael Campbell, James Dance. Subs not used Chris Gee, Donavan Rowe.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2005-2006”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest