Feckenham 5 v 5 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2005-2006

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2230
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Feckenham 5 v 5 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:08 pm

Saturday 12th November 2005
Midland Combination Premier Division
Feckenham 5 v 5 Coleshill Town
Scorers: Mitchell Thompson, Michael Campbell, Dan Greaves, David Brush 2.

Manager Mick Beadle was missing several senior players already but when everyone got lost due to a road closure, he had to reshuffle his squad even further. Joel Mardenborough made his full debut following a substitute appearance last week and Simon Quigley and Brendon Shilton stepped up from the reserves onto the 1st team bench.

Feckenham were on a good run with four consecutive wins but both sides looked confident in an even first 18 minutes with no hint of what was to come. An Alan Wright back pass was intercepted and as the ball was crossed into the box Matt Cooke slotted home for the opening goal. Stuart Douglas arrived late to head home a deep cross on 24 minutes, Mark Hands lobbed Millington-Day on 25 and Ryan Field had the easy task to tap in for goal No4 on 29 minutes as Coleshill fell apart. Day made a great save to avoid a fifth before Town started the long haul back. David Brush had a shot saved, then Dan Greaves and Simopn Bradbury headed over from a corner. With half time approaching Joel Mardenborough ventured down the right wing and his deep cross was met by Mitchell Thompson who headed back across goal and into the far corner.
Coleshill changed formation in the second half as they were being out run in midfield. Mick Beadle decided on a 3-5-2 set up with Brush lying deep and Greaves joining Campbell in attack. Within a minute of the restart the plan worked as Michael Campbell powerfully hit the net from a shot inside the box. Coleshill had nullified Feckenham's threat and were starting to take control. On 60 mins a Sam Chatwin clearance was headed into the path of Dan Greaves by Campbell and the youngster went on to finish in style for his first senior goal for Coleshill. Feckenham so nearly scored their fifth but Millington-Day again came to the rescue. Coleshill were now pressing every ball, making mistakes happen and Campbell fed David Brush who confidently strode into the box before slotting home under the keeper to complete an amazing come back. Coleshill had no time to enjoy the moment as Feckenham once again took the lead within a minute of the equaliser. Douglas pinched the ball from Chatwin and crossed for Field to tap in his second of the afternoon. With five minutes to go Field was through on goal and looking to complete his hat trick but Miles Millington-Day made his third great save of the match and Chatwin headed off the line when the clearance was played back in. Time was running out but Coleshill refused to give in. Rob Ellis was took down right on the edge of the box and with the aid of the slightest deflection David Brush clipped the free kick into the top corner.

Which team will turn up for the Vase game next Saturday. A repeat of the second half performance will surely see us through to the next round but we cannot allow Ford Sports the time and space given to Feckenham in the first 45 minutes.

Team;- Miles Millington-Day, Joel Mardenborough, Alan Wright, Simon Bradbury, Sam Chatwin, Dan Greaves, Rob Ellis, Shuan Kidson, David Brush, Michael Campbell, Mitchell Thompson. Subs not used Sean Burrell, Simon Quigley, Brendon Shilton.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2005-2006”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests