Site Admin

Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Southam United

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed May 24, 2006 11:19 am

Saturday 15th April 2006
Midland Combination Premier Division
Coleshill Town 2 v 1 Southam United
Scorers: Rob Ellis, Kevin Wagstaff.

There's A Futuristic Look About Coleshill
Coleshill gave their supporters a glimpse of a bright future on Saturday as a young side saw off Southam. Seven of the starting eleven were aged under 20 and manager Mick Beadle was delighted with their performances. "I have been saying for a while, I want to blood some of our youngsters but this was the first time we have thrown so many in at the same time," he said. "It was very pleasing to see how they coped with the higher standards as many of them have been playing reserve team football this season. We have to take a look at them and see if they can make the jump and I certainly think we have one or two little gems. They produced a great performance full of pace, athleticism and aggression." Kevin Wagstaff and Rob Ellis fired Coleshill into a two goal lead and although Southam pulled one back just before half time, the hosts were never really in trouble in the second period and should have won by more.

Team:- Chris Butler, Josh Gunter, Matt Ward, Simon Bradbury, Ryan Gargner, James Dance, Rob Ellis, Shaun Kidson (Mitchell Thompson), David Brush (Myrone Levy, Shane Higgins, Kevin Wagstaff. Subs not used Danny Carter, Carl Smith.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2005-2006”