Heath Hayes 0 v 1 Coleshill Town

First Team Match Reports 2006-2007

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Heath Hayes 0 v 1 Coleshill Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:13 pm

Scorer: Danny Carter.

Coleshill continue to pile on the records but they never got out of first gear in this game and with better finishing Heath Hayes could easily have got something from the match. 600 minutes without conceding a goal, six consecutive games, is a club record and eight consecutive league wins has equalled the club record and this is all down to some magnificent defensive displays, but going forward Coleshill look tired and they had to rely on a piece of magic from Danny Carter to secure the win and continue the run.
Coleshill had beaten Heath Hayes only two weeks before in a cup game and if Town thought this was going to be a walk over they had to quickly revise their plans as the home team really made a game of it. Coleshill looked lethargic and the only bright spot in an otherwise uneventful first half came on 21mins when Josh McPherson won the ball in midfield and passed to Danny Carter who had his back to goal. The inform striker jinked away from his marker, looked up and saw the keeper off his line and from 25 yards delicately chipped the ball over the home stopper and into the goal. Manager Mick Beadle was furious that Town had relied on the little genius to get them out of jail and demanded more from his team. Hayes had the ball in the net on 36 mins but whilst sheparding the ball back, Mark Ward received a little push in the back, collided with his keeper Greg Allen leaving the Hayes forward a tap into an open goal. Luckily the referee spotted the push and disallowed the goal. The home team then skimmed the bar with a shot from the left of the box as Coleshill continued to give the ball away far to easily, and then a Ryan Gardiner header back to his keeper had Allen scrambling back to knock the ball out for a corner. A Brush free kick was acrobatically tipped over the bar but it was the home team who looked the more likely to score as Allen saved at the foot of the post and Rob Ellis just got back in time to clear for a corner as No9 prepared to shoot.
Coleshill were marginally better in the second half as James Dance shot over from a half blocked corner and Danny Carter had a shot saved at the foot of the post after a period of keep ball from Rob Ellis and Carlos McIntosh, but it was Heath Hayes who were more up for the game and caused several problems down the right side of the field with the final ball not good enough to carve open the under pressure Coleshill defence. The best chance came on 87 mins as Heath Hayes mounted their final challenge. A shot was well blocked but the ball spun up and a Hayes forward headed the ball goalward only to see his effort hit the bar and bounce harmlessly out for a goal kick.
With Walsall Wood winning, Coleshill remain second in the league with a game in hand and the Wood come to Pack Meadow in two games time. First up it?s Southam at home on Saturday with a welcome break from the mid week games to look forward to.

Team;- Greg Allen, Mark Ward, Ryan Gardiner, Rob Hipkiss, Rob Ellis, Paul Burns (Carlos McIntosh), Josh McPherson, David Brush, Michael Campbell (Raddi Richards), Danny Carter, Kevin Wagstaff (James Dance). Sub not used Matty Tomlinson, Des Wilkes.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2006-2007”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests