Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town 3 v 5 Pershore Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:59 pm

Saturday 10th March 2007
Midland Combination Premier Division
Coleshill Town 3 v 5 Pershore Town
Scorers: Rob Hipkiss, Joe Clarke, Shay Morgan.

COLESHILL HERALD WROTE
Beadle Left Frustrated By Loss

Coleshill boss Mick Beadle admitted his players were a little ring rusty after suffering a disappointing home defeat on Saturday. Town have played just four games since January 1st - the result of a combination of factors including the weather. "I think our lack of games recently did hamper us," said Beadle. "But that's to take nothing away from Pershore because they are a very good side in my opinion. The score does not reflect the game though and I'm bitterly disappointed not to come away with at least a point from the game. But we will have to bounce back now and the aim is still to finish in the top two at the end of the season. We have the squad to do it, there is no question about it." Coleshill fell behind after 15 minutes but hit back to level through Shay Morgan. Morgan also hit the post before half time while Dominic Reece missed a one-on-one chance shortly after the break. Pershore then grabbed two quick goals leaving Coleshill chasing the game and although Town scored through Rob Hipkiss and Joe Clarke, the visitors scored two more themselves to secure all three points.

Team: Greg Allen, Rob Hipkiss, Matt Ward, Josh McPherson (Ben Usher), Ian Bluck (Ryan Gardiner), Simon Volante (Danny Carter), Joe Clarke, David Brush, Michael Campbell, Shay Morgan, Dominic Reece. Unused subs: Carl Smith, James Dance.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2006-2007”