Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Bolehall Swifts

First Team Match Reports 2007-2008

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin
Posts: 2168
Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2002 11:25 am

Coleshill Town 1 v 3 Bolehall Swifts

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:05 pm

Scorer: Sam Chatwin.

It came as no surprise that Coleshill lost to near neighbours Bolehall because they generally do but it was a defeat that looked unlikely until a moment of madness when a needless back pass was intercepted by Ahmet Bilgimer, Swifts tiny centre forward, and suddenly Town were a goal and a man down. Coleshill hadn’t played well and were on the back foot for long periods as Bolehall threw themselves into every challenge but after a fortunate equalising goal by Sam Chatwin had brought them back into the game, suddenly it was the home side searching for the winner.

Manager Mick Beadle kept faith with the team that had beat Bartley Green on the opening day but he was still expecting more from his talented but so far underachieving squad. The ground looked the best it has for years for Town’s first home game of the season, all the hard work in the summer break paying off.

Raddy Richards started as he left off last term with some powerful runs into the oppositions half resulting in a shot over the bar and a cross along the six yard line that was an invite for someone to put away. Swifts No2 took the hint and ventured forward himself and his effort only just went wide of the post. Steve Smith, a player that Beadle had shown interest in over the summer break, was a constant threat, his first contribution a cross that Greg Allen took two attempts to gather in. A fine move involving a Sam Chatwin cross field pass, a James Dance pass back and a David Brush chip resulted in the ball just passing the angle of post and bar. Coleshill had a couple of promising moves break down at the vital moment but on 35 mins Swifts took the lead with a sweeping passage of play from their own box. Slick passing bypassed the Town midfield and the ball was switched to the far right. When the ball came in Smith seemed to be well shielded but his half hit left foot shot did enough to evade the outstretched arms of Allen and nestled into the net. Swifts, boosted by the goal, now had a spring in the step and could have increased the lead with Coleshill clearing off the line, a shot going wide, a good shout for hand ball in the box and Allen saving with his legs.
Coleshill were the first to show in the second half as a Shay Morgan free kick as volleyed wide by Michael Campbell with Rob Hipkiss only just failing to deflect goalward. Town started to push the visitors back but were still not testing the keeper but on 58mins Sam Chatwin’s long deep cross was contested by keeper and Michael Campbell and with neirther getting a touch the bal sailed into the net. McPherson headed a Morgan cross wide, Danny Carter’s swiverling volley went closer and a David Brush free kick skimmed the bar but it all counted for nothing when Dance’s back pass was picked up by Bilgimer and Rob Hipkiss upended the striker in attempt to redeem the situation. A penalty, a second yellow card for Hipkiss and a second goal from the spot by Smith and it was now all up hill for Coleshill. Town still pushed forward in search for the equaliser, a Morgan free kick pushed away for a corner, a Carter shot over and a real chance just took off the toe of Neil Kitching but Swifts were in the driving seat and Smith should have completed his hat trick before the Town defence were outnumbered and despite Allen saving the first effort Bilgimer slotted home into an empty net on 90mins.

Team;- Greg Allen, Sam Chatwin, Rob Hipkiss, Ray Scandrett, James Dance, Raddi Richards, Josh McPherson, David Brush, Michael Campbell , Danny Carter (Neil kitching), Oluwaseyi Morgan. Subs not Used Kristian Kelsall, Craig Jones, Ant McManus, Kevin Wagstaff.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2007-2008”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest