Site Admin

Coleshill Town 1 v 0 Cadbury Athletic

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:06 am

Saturday 20th October 2007
Midland Combination Premier Division
Coleshill Town 1 v 0 Cadbury Athletic
Scorer: Danny Carter.

Adams: "There's More To Come"
Coleshill boss Carl Adams feels there is more to come from his players despite seeing them go three points clear at the top with a game in hand. An 85th minute strike from Danny Carter sealed a narrow victory at Pack Meadow. Adams said "It was a hard fought game and we didn't play to our best. We have to get round teams who will come here and shut up shop looking for a point. But we have bounced back from a defeat a couple of weeks ago with two good wins so I am happy. There is a good blend in the squad, plenty of competition for places. I think anyone of our 16 man squad would get into any other side in the league. But I still feel there is more to come from the lads. We can't afford to sit back now we are top of the league. We have to keep the momentum going into our next home game on Saturday." Adams added he was unlikely to make any more moves into the transfer market after bringing in former Rushall Olympic midfielder Brian Gray last week.

Team: Greg Allen, Sam Chatwin, Richard Kavanaugh, Andy Sutherland, Rob Hipkiss, Simon Volante (Raddi Richards), James Dance, Brian Gray, Neil Kitching, Michael Campbell (David Brush), Matty Robinson (Danny Carter). Sub not used Liam Taylor.

Return to “First Team Match Reports 2007-2008”