First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Boss Adams Set To Play As Injury Crisis Bites At Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:03 am

BOSS ADAMS SET TO PLAY AS INJURY CRISIS BITES AT TOWN
Writes COLESHILL HERALD

A crippling injury crisis could force manager Carl Adams to play for Coleshill this weekend as they prepare to host bottom club Willenhall in the Midland Alliance. Coleshill, who secured a 3-2 victory over Loughborough last weekend, are without several first-team regulars for Saturday's clash. Loyiso Recci has recovered from injury but is unavailable due to other commitments while Sam Wilson is also missing this weekend. Ben Porter is ruled out through suspention and Jason Ramsey has a knee problem. Jason Lanns and Chris Laight may feature after injury but both are short of match fitness. "We are down to the bare bones this weekend, that's for certain," said Adams. "It's a bit of a nightmare at the moment and it looks like I will have to play myself. It's not the ideal scenario but, if I'm on the pitch, I will at least bring some advice and organisation to the back four. It's tough for us at the moment with all these injuries but we just have to ride out the storm and hopefully we'll have a few players back in the next week or fortnight."

Coleshill are boosted by the signing of striker Richard Gregory and he is set to start against his former club Willenhall. "We are delighted to have Richard on board," said Adamas. "He's scored a hatful of goals this season in a struggling side and I think it's a move that has slipped under the radar a bit. He's a good striker who can hold the ball up well and he could complement Danny Carter very well up front. Danny has been a little bit off his game but scored twice last Saturday so hopefully the two of them can cause Willenhall problems." Willenhall are struggling at the bottom of the Midland Alliance with just five points to their name but Adams insisted "It's not an easy game for us and I'm worried about it. I watched them on Tuesday night (a 5-0 defeat to Stratford) and they actually weren't that bad. Our biggest problem has been that we tend to make hard work of beating teams down the bottom of the table but I'm hoping we have turned the corner after our win over Loughborough last weekend."

Return to “First Team News”