First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Colemen Gaffer Is Impressed By Energy Of Squad

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Colemen Gaffer Is Impressed By Energy Of Squad
Writes the Coleshill Herald
COLESHILL Town boss Carl Adams took massive positives from his side's defeat to second-placed Westfields in the Midland Alliance on Saturday.

Coleshill were beaten 1-0 but Adams said: "I was really pleased with the performance.

"We were really unlucky. They had one shot on goal, albeit a very good one, and scored.

"We worked really hard to get back into the game but it was one of those days.

"It was a good display from us and you would have said we were the second-placed team."

The defeat ended a run of three straight wins in the Alliance but Adams said: "There's a definite feeling we have turned the corner after a dodgy spell.

"I'm really impressed with how the lads have been playing.

"We look a side full of energy. We're quick and pacy.

"The young lads in the squad like Loyison Recci, Bary Fitzharris and Guy Clarke are coming on leaps and bounds.

"And Richard Gregory has been a great signing for us.

"He links up really well with the midfield and it was important to get someone into the side who could take the weight of burden off Danny Carter."

Coleshill travel to Ellesmere Rangers this Saturday and Adams expects to have a full squad of players to choose from.

Leading scorer Carter and Chris Laite missed training on Tuesday night but is expected to shake off a calf injury.

Adams added: "We go into the game full of optimism and hopefully we can come away from there with at least a point.

"I always said the aim was to be in contention for a top six place come Christmas and we're not far off that.

"We are only 13 points off top spot, with two games in hand, so it's in our grasp to make the top six if we string a run of results together.

"We have a big period coming now over the festive period with games against the likes of Stratford and Atherstone.

"Hopefully we can enter the new year in a really strong position and kick on towards our goal of a top eight, or even top six place come the end of the season."

Return to “First Team News”