Coleshill manager Adams backs the Adders as derby day nears

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill manager Adams backs the Adders as derby day nears

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:20 pm

Coleshill Manager Adams Backs The Adders As Derby Day Nears.
Writes The Coleshill Herald

ATHERSTONE Town won't languish among the Midland Alliance strugglers for long, says Coleshill boss Carl Adams.

The two local rivals go head to head at Sheepy Road on Christmas Eve (kick off 12.30pm) with the Adders currently 19th in the table.

Coleshill are 13th, with games in hand over sides above them, but Adams expects a tough game at Atherstone on Saturday.

"I went on a scouting mission to their game against Coventry Sphinx, because we play both sides in three days over Christmas," said Adams.

"And I have to say, I thought Atherstone were the better team and played Sphinx off the park in the first half.

"But they conceded after the break and their heads dropped, which is something that I think happens with a struggling team.

"But I thought the way they passed the ball around was lovely and if they keep that up, results will turn around for them.

"I certainly think it will be a dangerous game for us this weekend. We haven't played for two weeks dues to postponements and so the danger is we are lethargic.

"We have to ensure we don't come out of the blocks slowly, because they will be up for it."

After Atherstone, Coleshill host league leaders Sphinx on Boxing Day.

"It's a busy weekend for us," said Adams. "We wanted the Atherstone game called off to be honest because we feel that Christmas Eve is a time a lot of people will be wanting to do their last-minute shopping.

"But both teams have to agree and Atherstone think they will get a big crowd for the game, so we've had to go with that."

Return to “First Team News”