First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Urged To Take Their Chances

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Coleshill urged to take their chances
Writes the Coleshill Herald

CARL Adams admitted he had been saddened by goalkeeper Paul Hathaway's decision to quit Coleshill Town for Atherstone.

But the Coleshill boss says he will leave the door open for the shot-stopper to return to Packmeadow in the future.

Hathaway had lost his place in the Coleshill side in the last three games after being an ever present for much of the season.

Adams said: "We were missing Paul for a game and Will Stannage came in and did a great job which has seen him cement his place for the time being.

"Paul has since been offered the chance to sign for Atherstone and has decided to take it.

"It's a real shame from our point of view because I rate Paul extremely highly and have a great deal of respect for him.

"I'm disappointed to lose him but we have parted on good terms and the door will be left open for him should he decide he wants to come back to us."

With Coleshill also losing central defender Guy Clarke, who has left to start a new life in Australia, Adams is set to bolster his ranks in the coming weeks.

His side travel to Highgate United on Bank Holiday Monday with Adams keen for his side to put a 3-1 defeat by Coventry Sphinx on Boxing Day behind them.

"We have had three tough games in a short space of time," he said.

"We had the top two (Westfields and Sphinx) plus local rivals Atherstone sandwiched in between.

"Now we have a run of games where I feel we can pick up some points, starting with Highgate.

"If we can pick up two wins from our next three games I think we'll be well placed to push on in the second half of the season.

"At the moment it looks a bit disappointing that we are in 14th place but two wins would get us back in the top 10 and we could push on from there."

Return to “First Team News”