Enough is enough, says fed-up Adams.

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Enough is enough, says fed-up Adams.

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Coleshill Herald Writes
Enough is enough, says fed-up Adams as he signs defenders he can 'rely on'.

COLESHILL Town boss Carl Adams has bolstered his squad as he prepares to ring the changes at the start of the New Year.

Adams was left fuming after his side slipped to a 3-1 defeat at lowly Highgate in the Midland Alliance on Monday.

And he has decided 'enough is enough' after growing increasingly frustrated by his side's inconsistencies.

He has already acted, bringing in full back Chris Charles, who has played under Adams at Coleshill before.

Charles has returned after spells at Daventry and Racing Club Warwick while central defender Richard Dunwoody has also arrived on loan from Sutton Coldfield Town.

"I kept faith in the players for 22 games but I think it's time to make a few changes and shake things up a little bit," Adams said.

"I have already got the two lads in and I hope to get a couple more in in the next week.

"There might be one or two departures as well.

"We have got to find some consistency.

"We play well against the better sides but against the poorer sides, like Highgate, we have let ourselves down.

"I need players I can rely on to be consistent and hopefully the likes of Chris and Richard can help us with that.

"Our season is very much in the balance at this stage.

"It's such a tight league that one win can put us in the top eight but a couple more defeats and we might be struggling in the bottom eight.

"So we need to get on a run as quickly as possible."

Adams said he expected Danny Carter to remain at the club despite interest from local rivals Bolehall, who play in the Midland Combination and are top.

"Perhaps they could offer him more money but Danny is a loyal lad and only lives two minutes from the Coleshill ground," said Adams.

"Going to Bolehall this season would be a backwards step for him, in my opinion."

Coleshill entertain Bridgnorth on Saturday (kick off 3pm) before hosting Tipton on Tuesday (kick off 7.45pm).

Return to “First Team News”