Lanns handed the assistant role as Fry......

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Lanns handed the assistant role as Fry......

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 am

Lanns handed the assistant role as Fry quits Coleshill
Writes the COLESHILL HERALD
JASON Lanns has been named Coleshill Town's new assistant manager after the departure of Nigel Fry this week.

Fry informed manager Carl Adams of his intention to link up with Midland Combination side Castle JKS in the summer.

As a result, the pair decided on a parting of the ways now to allow midfielder Lanns to step into the role.

"Nigel has left the club," Adams confirmed this week. "Jason will step up to the role of my number two.

"He's still playing football, but, at 31, he wants to be involved on the management side too and I think he has a lot to offer.

"We have a very close relationship in the club and outside of football and I think that's important.

"We will bounce ideas off each other and I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can do as a number one and two."

Meanwhile, striker Danny Carter is set to remain at the club despite interest in the player with Adams saying: "Danny is happy here and wants to stay.

"Hopefully he will continue to feel that way because we value him as a player.

"I think he will always attract interest from clubs because he's a good striker at this level but if he's happy here, why would he move?

"We feel that, as a club, we have a lot to offer and we are also looking forward to seeing what he can do alongside Richard Gregory."

Colemen play their reserves to tick over
COLESHILL Town boss Carl Adams has hastily arranged a friendly with the club's reserves tonight to keep his players on their toes.

The Colemen were left without a game last weekend as their Midland Alliance clash at Rocester was frozen out.

Adams' men are without a fixture this Saturday too and don't play until next Tuesday night when they visit Ellesmere.

Adams said: "It's not ideal to go two weeks without a game.

"So we have arranged a game with the reserves just to give the players a decent workout and keep them as sharp as we can.

"It's always frustrating when you get one of these spells over the winter, where games are few and far between, especially when other sides are playing.

"And we wanted to build on our recent performances against Bridgnorth (a 1-0 win) and Tipton (a 2-1 defeat).

"I thought we had done really well against Tipton. We led with eight or nine minutes to go.

"They probably deserved their late equaliser but a draw would have been the fair result.

"But then they bag a wonder strike deep in stoppage time. It was the kind of effort that, even with three keepers in goal, we wouldn't have saved it.

"I thought we were unlucky but it was a positive performance and we were looking to build on that against Rocester.

"Unfortunately the weather intervened but we'll work hard in training and get ourselves ready for when we play next."

Return to “First Team News”