Adams: "Performances not reflected in....

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Adams: "Performances not reflected in....

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:12 pm

Adams: 'Performances not reflected in current results'
Writes the COLESHILL HERALD

COLESHILL Town boss Carl Adams is hoping that results will start to mirror performances soon as his side embark on two more tricky away games.

Coleshill have produced three strong displays against Bridgnorth, Tipton and Ellesmere in the last couple of weeks, but picked up just four points from nine.

"We have deserved more," said Adams, whose side drew 0-0 with Ellesmere on Tuesday night.

"I just think lady luck has deserted us a bit and we haven't had the rub of the green.

"Against Ellesmere, we started really well and hit the bar twice in the first half.

"The second 45 minutes was more 50/50 but I am disappointed that we didn't come away with the win.

"But it was a great effort from the lads to be honest, just a shame they didn't get the reward that their hard work deserved.

"The performances have been really good of late and it's just a shame that the results haven't matched that.

"We just need to carry on doing what we are doing and if we continue that we will probably give someone a hiding sooner or later."

The fixtures don't get any easier for Adams' men, however, as they travel to Loughborough on Saturday before visiting Westfields.

One man who won't be involved is midfielder Ben Porter, who has left the club to join Heath Hayes.

"I'm sad to see Ben go because he's done brilliantly for me over the years," said Adams.

"He only lives a mile away from Heath Hayes so will be saving a lot on petrol, so I can understand his feelings.

"I wish him all the best though because he's a 100 per cent kind of player and never lets you down."

Adams doesn't anticipate replacing Porter with a new signing after drafting in Scott Goodby from the reserves.

The Coleshill boss said: "The reserves have proved invaluable, to be honest.

"We have brought through Scott and goalkeeper Will Stannage and there are a few others looking good.

"Rob Louca (reserve manager) has done a really good job with them. They are second in their league and have a big part to play at the club."

Chris Charles (hamstring) is Adams' only injury concern ahead this weekend's game.

Return to “First Team News”