Coleshill boss aims to boost squad with double capture

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill boss aims to boost squad with double capture

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:13 am

Coleshill boss aims to boost squad with double capture.
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Carl Adams is set to bolster his squad with two new arrivals this week.

Adams has identified two wingers who he hopes will provide the ammunition for strikers Danny Carter and Richard Gregory to fire Coleshill back up the Midland Alliance table.

Left winger Reiss Baker could join from Solihull Moors while former Walsall trainee Chris Hanna is set to arrive from Daventry.

Adams said: "We need to freshen things up a bit and a couple of new faces will help us to do that.

"We should be a top 10 team at the very least so being 14th at present isn't something I am happy with.

"I can't keep protecting my players by saying we are going to turn a corner.

"I think we need a boost. To be fair, I stand by the fact that performances have been good of late.

"But it is a results business and we do need to start picking up some points soon.

"Hopefully we can get Reiss and Chris in as they both provide pace and threat going forward and I think they would give us a lift."

Despite being happy with recent performances, Adams admitted his side's display at Loughborough on Saturday left a lot to be desired.

The Colemen lost 2-0 and Adams said: "We did not play well at all. I was really disappointed.

"We were playing against the best side in the league for keeping the ball, in my opinion.

"They are a really good passing team and they totally dominated possession, without battering us.

"When we did get the ball, we just looked lethargic and didn't have the legs to do anything with it.

"We gave possession away far too often.

"But I think, without making excuses, fixtures have been so unkind on us.

"It was our second away trip in five days and we have another one coming up this weekend. We could do with a few home games, from a financial and playing point of view."

Coleshill are due to travel to second-placed Westfield this weekend and Adams is hoping the weather is kind.

"The forecast isn't good and if this game is off we will be facing yet another long trip on a Tuesday night, so we are keen for the game to be on," he said.

Return to “First Team News”