First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Adams breathes huge sigh of relief after vital victory

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:54 am

Adams breathes huge sigh of relief after vital victory

Writes the Coleshill Herald

CARL Adams admitted the performance wasn't a classic but the result was all that mattered as his side beat fellow strugglers Atherstone Town last weekend.

The 2-1 win means that Coleshill are four points clear of the bottom two with two games to play.

Adams said: "It wasn't a very good game in all honesty but then again, with a lot at stake, it was never going to be.

"I thought that we had the better of the chances when they came and their keeper (Paul Hathaway) made some cracking saves, which doesn't surprise me because we know what a good player he is.

"I felt we could have had the game sewn up at half time but we didn't and then let them back into it.

"We made hard work of it towards the end of the game but the result was all that mattered and it's a good win for us."

Coleshill travel to Dunkirk this weekend and Adams is keen for his side to end on a high.

"A win at Dunkirk could put us 14th with a game to go and anywhere around midtable would be okay now after the campaign we have had," Adams said.

"It's been a long hard season, really tough and we'll be glad to see the back of it I think.

"We'll have a break once the campaign is over and then the chairman (Paul Billing) and I will sit down and talk about the new season.

"We are not far off in some ways. On our day we can match anyone and we have proved we can cope against the best.

"We have just lacked consistency and have been naive at times.

"We lost some key players this year, such as Loyiso Recci, Ben Porter, Luke Edwards and Jon Powis.

"Hopefully this summer we can keep the core of the squad together and try to find that extra bit of quality to add to the squad."

Return to “First Team News”