First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Town will show no mercy to strugglers

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:34 am

Town will show no mercy to strugglers

Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town may be safe for another season in the Midland Alliance but their clash with Highgate United this Saturday still has plenty of significance at the bottom end of the table.

A home win for Coleshill would potentially relegate their opponents, who are currently third from bottom of the table.

It has yet to be decided whether two or three teams will go down from the Midland Alliance.

"It's an important game to end the season and we'll be going out to win it," said Adams.

"Highgate has always been a bogey team for me during my time with Coleshill so I really want to get a victory over them and if that means they are relegated, so be it.

"At the end of the day, the pressure is on them.

"They have to come at us because they need the three points to have a chance of staying up.

"From our point of view we want to end the season with a win. A few weeks ago we were under similar pressure to them at the bottom.

"But it's been a crazy league and three points on Saturday could see us finish 13th."

Coleshill go into the game on the back of a fine 1-0 away win at Dunkirk.

Adams said: "We were absolutely awful in the first half and didn't deserve to go into half time level.

"We were much better in the second half though and played ever so well and I thought in the end we were good value for the win.

"It's been a tough old season for us.

"Saturday was a struggle. We were short on numbers and Jason Lanns (assistant) and I were both forced to play!

"We'll get Saturday out of the way and then have a break for a few weeks.

"I'll sit down with (chairman) Paul Billing then and we'll talk about the best way forward for the club."

Return to “First Team News”