First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Chair Keen To Kick On After Year Of Transition

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri May 04, 2012 1:53 pm

Coleshill Chair Keen To Kick On After Year Of Transition

Writes the Coleshill Herald

Coleshill Town chairman Paul Billing says the club will be stronger next season after a difficult campaign. It has been a year of transition in the Midland Alliance following the amalgamation of Coleshill with Tamworth based Dosthill Colts. An up and down campaign saw Coleshill flirt briefly with relegation but Carl Adams' team eventually finished a comfortable 17th. Billing said "It's been a tough old season for us, no question about that. We had to put two clubs together and I think that proved more difficult than we anticipated. We had players from Coleshill and Dosthill and it's hard to get everyone gelling together. It was difficult to keep some players happy. I think some found it a culture shock. A fair few went and many mover onto bigger clubs to be fair and are doing well. But as the season has progressed we have found a spirit in the club. I'm confident this will take us forward." Billing insists that manager Adams is the man to progress the club, adding "Carl's a really good guy. I was really impressed with the way he helped us through a tough time. He even returned to playing and his performances on the pitch really helped us. It's been a difficult year for him with the changes we have gone through. He's also worked with a tighter budget than he's been used to in the past but I think he has learned a lot. He's still a young manager and he will be stronger for the season we have had." Billing added "I'm confident next season will be better. We lacked consistancy but we have the nucleus of a good side here and we'll be looking to add a few quality players to the squad in the summer. Our reserves have also done well and look like they will win promotion. That will give us increased options and the lads within the squad will also develope because they will be playing against stronger opposition. I'm optimistic about Coleshill Town and looking forawrd to what the future may hold for us."

Return to “First Team News”