First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill boss resigns

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri May 11, 2012 9:05 am

Coleshill boss resigns
Writes the Coleshill Herald

Coleshill Town have been rocked by manager Carl Adams' decision to quit the club.

Chairman Paul Billing said the departure had been a 'bolt out of the blue'.

But he has acted swiftly to appoint assistant Jason Lanns as the new first team boss. Micky Crawford has been named as Lanns' deputy.

Adams, meanwhile, is set to become the joint manager of Stratford Town, alongside current boss Morton Titterton.

Billing said: "It was a bolt out of the blue.

"I was only saying last week that I was delighted with the way things were going with Carl in charge.

"He contacted me late last week and said that he had been offered a position at Stratford and it was too good a chance to turn down.

"He will be working with a bigger budget there and feels he can progress with them.

"I understand where he's coming from in someways.

"I think it has been a challenge for him this season, working with the budget we have here.

"I am disappointed that he's leaving but won't be falling out with him over his departure."

Billing believes that his decision to appoint from within, by giving Lanns the manager's job, will bear fruit.

He said: "It's been a tough season for us since the merger of Dosthill and Coleshill.

"So I felt that the key thing was to maintain some continuity and, therefore, we have decided to act quickly and appoint Jason.

"I have been impressed with him this year.

"When Carl has been on the pitch playing, Jason has run things well from the touch-line and I think he's done a great job.

"He has brought in Micky Crawford as his assistant and he also has a very good pedigree in the game. "The key thing for us now is to continue to build a 'club culture'.

"That has been the aim since the amalgamation of Dosthill and Coleshill."

Return to “First Team News”