First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill on cloud nine after title win

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 am

Coleshill on cloud nine after title win

Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town Reserves clinched the Midland Combination Reserve Division Two title with a crushing 9-0 victory over Coton Green on Monday.

Coleshill were 4-0 up within 20 minutes and this became 6-0 by half time.

Coleshill continued to play good football and dominate after the break with star striker Joe Obi scoring four times to become joint top goal scorer in the league with 24 league goals in 17 games.

Reserve manager Rob Louca said: "It has been a difficult season because I took the job late in pre-season after being asked by chairman Paul Billing.

"But having a good set of players and the added experience of (coach) Ken Jones from the start helped me greatly.

"I added a few players straight away before bringing in Joe Obi, Scott Goodby and others later on.

" With good depth in the side we went from strength to strength and put a 16 game unbeaten run together, picking up team of the month and soon put ourselves in contention for the league.

"Getting promotion to Division One is a massive step up and we will soon find ourselves a small club with everything to prove once again.

"Pre-season cannot come quick enough so I can build a good enough team to compete in the league that awaits us."

Coleshill Town Reserves hopes of a league and cup double were ended on Monday night.

They were beaten 4-3 in extra time by Walsall Wood in the final of the Challenge Urn.

Return to “First Team News”