First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

New boss promises fresh start at Pack Meadow

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:09 pm

New boss promises fresh start at Pack Meadow
Writes the Coleshill Herald

'A FRESH start for all' is new Coleshill Town manager Jason Lanns' approach ahead of his first season in the Pack Meadow hotseat.

The temptation to wipe the decks clean after a dismal Midland Alliance campaign has been resisted, and 30-year-old Lanns is inviting the entire squad back for pre-season.

"I want the lads to get back to enjoying their football, it's a fresh start for everyone," said the Lanns.

"I am absolutely over the moon to get the job, and to be honest I just want to get going as soon as possible."

Lanns is no stranger to Coleshill Town, having played for the club for many years and being assistant boss to his predecessor Carl Adams last season.

He effectively managed the team for the final ten games when Adams was called into playing duties.

Lanns has a rich pedigree in non-league football having appeared for Sutton Coldfield Town, Rushall Olympic and Bedworth United.

The talented full-back spent time with Birmingham City, Leeds United and Rochdale as a youngster before dropping out of the league.

He will be registering as a player to cover as an emergency option but Lanns has no aspirations to combine playing and managerial duties.

"I don't think in all honesty you can do both well, one always suffers," he explained. "And I think the squad will be big enough, and good enough, for me to stay out of the picture.

"I've played under many managers and I will be taking bits I have learned from each into the job.

"I think we have a good squad of players, they just need to start enjoying their football again and winning games.

"You've only got to look at Martin O'Neill and what he did with Sunderland when he was appointed, with the same set of players, to show how things can be turned around."

Coleshill's pre-season training is set to get underway on June 28.

Return to “First Team News”