First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill assistant has key role to play

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:11 am

Coleshill assistant has key role to play
Writes The Coleshill Herald

NEW Coleshill Town boss Jason Lanns is relishing the chance to work with assistant Micky Crawford when pre-season starts this month.

Lanns was quick to appoint the former Lambs player as his number two after he replaced Carl Adams as boss last month.

And Lanns said: "Micky is someone that I know very well and he brings a lot to the table.

"He is someone I have been friends with for a long time, through football, and we have always openly and freely talked about the fact that we wanted to work together as a management pair.

"It was sort of an unwritten agreement that when one of us got a job we would contact the other and see if they were interested.

"For me, as a manager, you want to have a right hand man who you know that you can trust.

"As a manager, you will always have ups and downs during a season and you want someone alongside you that you can bounce ideas off.

"Micky is also someone that, if I am unavailable for training for any reason, he can keep the ship running well.

"He is a very knowledgeable football person who has played international football for St Kitts and Nevis.

"He has also played in Belgium and has learnt from a lot of good managers and has plenty of contacts in football.

"I'm looking forward to working with him at Coleshill. He will be a big part of things at the club."

Coleshill, who return to training on June 28, have announced several friendlies for pre-season.

They travel to Blackwood on July 7 and Lea Hall on July 10 before visiting Coton Green on July 14.

Lanns' men then host Bedworth on July 17 and are expected to confirm a home friendly against Chasetown on July 21. They end pre-season at Romulus on July 23.

Return to “First Team News”