First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

New boss Lanns is looking for progression from Town

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:16 am

New boss Lanns is looking for progression from Town
Writes the Coleshill Herald

JASON Lanns believes it is time for Coleshill to push on as they prepare for the start of the Midland Alliance this weekend.

The Colemen have established themselves as an Alliance club during the past three seasons under former boss Carl Adams.

Now Lanns is hoping to take them to the next level as he prepares for his first competitive game as manager at home to Bridgnorth on Saturday.

"We have been in the Alliance for two or three seasons now and have done okay," said Lanns, who was assistant to Adams before the latter's departure for Stratford in the summer.

"Now we want to see a little bit of progress.

"The aim is obviously to finish as high as we possibly can this season.

"I believe the highest we have finished is eighth and I certainly think the top 10 should be the target this year.

"We need to progress and show people what Coleshill Town are all about.

"I expect it to be a tight league this year and the important thing for us is to be consistent."

Coleshill go into Saturday's game on the back of a 4-1 friendly win over Pilkington last Monday.

Richard Gregory bagged a hat-trick and Junior Brown also scored, much to Lanns' delight.

"I have a major headache in terms of the strikers. Richard, Junior, Danny Carter and Jason Ramsay have all put in some superb performances in pre-season.

"We have a young lad called Jamie Moulineux who has also played well and I have to make some tough decisions.

"But you take that kind of headache all day to be honest and all the lads will play their part."

Lanns is without Steve Hakner and Joseph Ling through suspension for this weekend's league opener.

Coleshill are also in action on Tuesday night when they travel to Tividale (kick off 7.45pm).

Return to “First Team News”