First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill are on the Road to Wembley

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 am

Coleshill are on the Road to Wembley
Writes The Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Jason Lanns has challenged his players to build on Tuesday night's draw at Tividale as they start their FA cup campaign this weekend.

Town had endured a dismal start in the Midland Alliance, thrashed 3-0 at home to Bridgnorth on Saturday.

But they responded with a 1-1 draw at Tividale, conceding in the last minute.

Lanns said: "That was so much better from the lads.

"It was a very good performance from us, 100 per cent better than Bridgnorth.

"I was looking for a response from the squad and I got it.

"The only thing is that I was a little bit gutted not to win in the end.

"Before the game I would have taken a point because Tividale on a Tuesday night is a very tough place to go.

"But, based on the performance, I felt we deserved more than a point. I might be being a bit greedy though."

Now Coleshill are ready to start their FA Cup campaign at home to AFC Wulfrunians this Saturday (kick off 3pm).

Lanns said: "Hopefully we can use Tuesday's display as a platform to build on.

"That's the performance I want us to live up to now.

"The FA Cup is important to us and it would be great to have a run in it.

"We have enjoyed success in the competition in recent years.

"Two years ago, under Carl Adams, we got through a few rounds.

"We beat teams from higher leagues like Evesham and eventually lost to Nuneaton, which was a fantastic effort from the club.

"The financial benefits of doing well in this competition are vast and I think all the players would love to do well for the committee.

"People like the chairman (Paul Billing) have put so much into the club and this is a chance for me and the players to make our contribution."

Chris Charles is rated doubtful for Coleshill this weekend's clash but Lanns is boosted by the return of Steve Hakner, Cameron Lee and Phil Gayle from suspension.

Return to “First Team News”