First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Reece sets stability as the key for club to progress

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:48 am

Reece sets stability as the key for club to progress
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town's new manager Andy Reece says the club must focus on achieving stability this season.

Reece and joint-boss Russell Dodd became the club's third management team in less than six months after taking over the rings last Thursday.

Jason Lanns, who replaced Carl Adams last summer, stood down last week but will remain at Coleshill in a coaching capacity.

Reece, who played for Walsall and Bristol Rovers during his playing career, said: "I'm looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead.

"We are going to try to progress the club on the field, we will certainly have a go at it.

"I'm delighted to be involved because i like the club and i like the people involved in the club.

"Obviously it hasn't been a great start to the season in terms of results.

"We are ten games in now so it will be a big ask to go and achieve anything really significant.

"I think the key for the rest of this season has got to be stability and to keep making sure we have a good structure in place for the future.

"We won't be making any sweeping changes in terms of the paying personnel.

"We'll take time to have a look at the lads we have and identify areas we need to improve.

"It's a good club here from the top, with the chairman Paul Billing, right down to the junior clubs here.

"Hopefully we can work on getting more supporters from the town through the turnstiles as well but producing good results on the pitch will help us do that.

"It's a good challenge for us all to progress this club forward but we will do our best to do so."

Reece added that former boss Lanns still had a significant part to play at the club despite reverting to a coaching role.

"We have formed a good backroom team," Reece added.

"We have myself and Russell, Jason and Ben Usher as a player-coach.

"I like Jason as a person and am happy he's here still.

"We work as a coaching team and each of us brings different things to the table. I want us to all be able to bounce ideas off each other."

Return to “First Team News”