First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill rocked as boss quits after three matches

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:21 am

Coleshill rocked as boss quits after three matches
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town are searching for their fourth manager in as many months after the shock departure of Andy Reece.

The former Walsall and Bristol Rovers midfielder quit his role last Friday after three games in charge.

He has taken up a new role as scout for League Two side Northampton Town and follows Carl Adams and Jason Lanns out of the managerial hot-seat at Coleshill.

Chairman Paul Billing was forced to take up the managerial reins for his side's Midland Alliance clash at Westfields, a game Coleshill won 2-1.

Now Billing must switch his attention to the search for a new manager and hopes to have a new boss in place for the clash with Continental Star a week on Saturday.

"Andy's departure was a shock to say the least and it's very disappointing, to be honest," said Billing.

"I can't knock him for taking the opportunity to get a job in the Football League.

"It's a chance for him, to progress.

"However, a little consideration would have been nice, at least by delaying his decision until after the Westfields game.

"As it was, we managed to get a cracking result and I can't thank the players enough for the way they came together to support me on the day.

"Now we need to get a new manager in place and we'll be working hard to make sure we get the right man.

"As chairman I'm now under pressure to get the right man into the club and I don't want to make a snap decision this time as we did with Andy and Jason.

"We will look at some CVs and get a few applicants in for a chat and talk to them about what they want to achieve."

Former Walsall Wood boss Nigel Birch and ex-Paget Rangers manager Marcus MacDonald are among those who have applied for the vacant position.

Ex-Studley manager Lee Adams and Craig Williams (Cradley Town) have also expressed an interest.

"We need to look for an ambitious manager who is committed to the club and to helping us move forward," said Billing.

"In the meantime, I will remain in charge for this weekend's clash with Gornal, with the support of my staff Paul Casey and Mark Duxbury.

Any managers interested in the manager's role at Coleshill should email Paul Billing at pbilling61@gmail.com

Return to “First Team News”