First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Up Date On Youth Team

Postby Alan Beckett » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:53 pm

Up Date On Youth Team
By Manager Paul Casey

Ladies and Gentlemen, over the last few weeks we have seen a couple of players look for football elsewhere due to not being able to break into the team. so I wish them well. This has allowed me to bring in Stuart Grant who has been playing for Earlswoods first team in the Midland Combination Premier who is a strong left back with a great future ahead of him. Also arriving is Charlie Ntamark (striker) who has arrived back in the UK from a Football Scholarship based in the USA who has pace to burn and is the first choice striker for the BCFA rep side.

October has only seen us play two games so far due to the weather with Lichfield City having the same groundsman that looked after the Polands national pitch but without the rain.
We lost our first match of the season to Stourbridge Town knocking us out of the Youth FA Cup 1-0 at home. This was the toughest test we have had this season and we did not do ourselves justice especially up front and from our wingers. I never thought we would ever draw a blank when playing at Coleshill but this will not happen again, tha's why I added an extra striker to the squad. We also beat a very spirited Nuneaton Griff Youth team 7-2 which saw our set pieces work to score 5 goals from throw-ins and corners.
On the day, Cameron Jones scored four headers from corners meeting great deliveries from Harry Clare to take him to the top of the league scorers chart in the league.
I can only hope the weather will be kinder for us in the near future games away and home so we don't have a major build up after Chrismas.
We have also added Chris Butler to the coaching ranks looking after James Pace who can learn lots from Chris's experience of playing in goal over the last 10 years.
Our next three fixtures are at home with us playing 29th October at home to Earleswood Town who are sitting on top of the league, Wolves Sporting on the 31st October in the League Cup and then the mighty Hednesford Town on the 7th November in the BCFA Youth Cup.
If you like attacking football and plenty of goal action please try and come and see us play against some of the best youth players in the West Midlands.

NB Result from Monday 29th October.
Coleshill Town 2 v 4 Earlswood Town

And Result from Wednesday 31st October
Coleshill Town 0 v 1 Wolves Sporting

Return to “First Team News”