'Casey's enthusiasm was the key to appointment' - Billing

First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:08 pm

COLESHILL Town chairman Paul Billing is hopeful that he has finally got the right man after appointing Paul Casey as first team manager.

Casey has made the step up from youth team boss to take on the role and become Coleshill's fourth manager since the summer.

He replaces Andy Reece, who quit within a fortnight of taking the position to become a scout for Northampton Town.

"I think in Paul we have got someone who is very committed to the football club and I am pleased to have him on board

"We interviewed a few people and there were some very credible and good candidates who I am sure were more than capable of doing the job.

"But, with Paul, I just felt that his enthusiasm for the job really shone through more than anyone else.

"He wants to be a success and wants to help Coleshill progress.

"I'm obviously aware of what he has done with our youth team and he's a very good coach.

"What he has done with them is bring commitment and discipline and given them a good work ethic.

"That's something that I feel the first team need at the minute.

"I think the lads have become a bit too laid-back and easy going and perhaps a few of them think they are safe in terms of being selected.

"I think Paul will be someone who will be able to get them motivated and that's what we need in the weeks ahead."

The Coleshill boss also expects the new manager to add some fresh faces in the next few weeks.

He said: "He's already looking at players who he feels could improve us and I think Paul is a good judge of a player.

"If the right player becomes available who can help us progress up the league, we will do our best to get him on board."

Return to “First Team News”