First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey is thrilled by positive response from Town squad

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:14 pm

Casey is thrilled by positive response from Town squad
Writes The Coleshill Herald
COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey reflected on his first week in charge at the club and admitted: "It's been a fantastic baptism of fire".

Coleshill have moved out of the relegation zone in the Midland Alliance after picking up four points from six.

They claimed an excellent 1-1 draw with Rocester on Saturday before winning 2-1 at Kirby Muxloe on Tuesday night.

"I'm delighted with the start and the table makes nicer reading at the moment," said Casey.

"Hopefully we can keep the momentum going now.

"It's been a busy opening week for me as first team boss but I have been really pleased with the reaction of the players so far.

"We have been working hard on the fitness and organisation side of things in the last week.

"There is still work to be done, of course, but we have made a start and I am delighted with how it's gone.

"There will be more changes as the team evolves.

"As a side, I think we need to be a lot more clinical as well but that will come I am sure."

Casey has already been busy in the transfer market and has allowed defender Chris Charles to leave for local rivals Atherstone Town.

Full back Lewis Bishop has arrived on loan from Evo-Stik side Sutton Coldfield Town alongside central midfielder Stuart McNaught.

They have joined Jon Powis at the club after he returned last week.

Right-sided midfielder Tom Overfield, a former Walsall trainee, and Black Country Rangers central midfielder Aaron Hughes have also agreed to sign.

Both will get 90 minutes under their belts for Coton Green in Midland Combination One this weekend.

"We are looking to blend youth and experience in the squad," said Casey. "We have some good lads in the youth set-up here.

"We had one 16-year-old defender, Cameron Jones, make his debut on Tuesday and he looked the part.

"We have another player James Mutton who has gone on trial to Colchester United.

"So while I am looking to bring players in, I am mindful of the fact that we have some very good lads here, both in the first team and youth side.

"I will only bring players in if I feel they are better than what we have got."

Coleshill travel to Dunkirk on Saturday, kick off 3pm.

Return to “First Team News”