First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill boss Casey takes positives from first defeat

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Coleshill boss Casey takes positives from first defeat
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey was taking the positives after watching his side suffer their first defeat of his brief tenure last weekend.

Coleshill slipped to a 2-1 defeat at Dunkirk but Casey said: "I thought we played very well and I can't fault the lads. We should have won the game.

"We had opportunities to score more than one goal but a combination of poor finishing and the woodwork have let us down.

"I am not going to be gloomy about it though.

"We have had a win, a draw and now a defeat in my three games.

"If we were going by the form table, that would be seventh or eight in the Alliance.

"At the moment, we are still working at moulding the squad and looking at the areas where we need to strengthen and those which are fine.

"We are working to bring a few more players in and one or two may also leave.

"The aim is to have a more professional squad, fitter and more disciplined lads and players who are picked on performance rather than their popularity."

Casey hopes to bring in Gresley Rovers winger Aaron Dillon later this week in time for Saturday's home game with Heath Hayes, which could be in doubt if the rain continues.

Ex-Atherstone defender Danny Douglas is also expected to come in on loan from Gresely next week.

One player leaving the club is Jason Ramsey, who has signed for Continental star.

Meanwhile, Casey has revealed the club has linked up with Smith's Wood School and will use their facilities to train on a Monday night.

"We will be bringing the youth team and first team together for our training sessions and I think that will be good for us," said Casey.

"I think it will help us raise the standards of both teams.

"The youth team lads have really impressed me to be honest. We have had 16-year-old Cameron Jones coming into the first team and we have another lad, James Mutton, on trial at Colchester.

"It shows the talent we have here and that's something we want to develop in the coming years."

Return to “First Team News”