First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Stratford Town boss returns to Coleshill

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Stratford Town boss returns to Coleshill
Writes the Coleshill Herald

FORMER Coleshill manager Carl Adams returns to Pack Meadow this Saturday hoping to move one step closer to the Midland Alliance title.

Adams' Stratford Town side are currently 11 points clear of second-placed Stourport Swifts.

But Adams, who guided Coleshill to the Midland Combination Premier title in 2008, is not expecting any favours from his former club this weekend.

"I'm looking forward to going back to Coleshill in some ways but not in others!" said Adams.

"I love the Football Club and have some great memories from my time there.

"They gave me a chance as a manager and we enjoyed a lot of success there.

"On the other side of the coin though, I know what a tough game it will be this weekend so I am not relishing that.

"I'm in a strange position as Stratford manager to be honest with you. It's very different to Coleshill.

"When I was manager of Coleshill we saw Stratford as one of the big scalps, with the bigger budget and nice ground.

"Now I am at Stratford and am aware of the fact that every team wants to beat you.

"So, while we have had a great start to the season, no game has been easy for us. We have had to earn victories in all our games.

"We have had to grind the results out and Coleshill on Saturday will be no different. In fact, it will be even tougher.

"The chairman (Paul Billing) will want to get one over on me I am sure.

"We didn't fall out when I left, in fact we are still close, but because he knows me, he will have Coleshill fired up for it, no question.

"I'm just hoping they don't become a bogey team for me."

Adams admitted he is full of respect for Billing and the job he does at Coleshill.

He said: "I still speak to him at least once a fortnight and we try to give each other advice.

"I think being at Stratford has actually opened my eyes to what he does as chairman.

"When I was at Coleshill last season, Paul was practically running the club on his own and doing a great job of it.

"Here at Stratford, I have people tripping over themselves to help me.

"It just shows the commitment that Paul has and I have total respect for him."

Return to “First Team News”