First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey determined to challenge leaders

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:26 pm

Casey determined to challenge leaders
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town welcome the Alliance leaders to Pack Meadow with Paul Casey saying: "let's have a go and see what happens."

Casey will be taking on former Coleshill boss Carl Adams in the meeting on Saturday and, despite the gulf in league positions, the current manager of the Greens is sure his side have got what it takes.

Casey said: "I can guarantee you that we will not be going into this game with any fear as they are the leaders.

"We will be going out there to show what we can do and to take them on.

"We are not fancied to get anything out of the game so for me it is a no lose situation.

"We will just go at them and try and cause them as many problems as we can – even if we lose we can say it was against the league leaders.

"They have their own TV station – that is the kind of team we will be coming up against."

It will be a much changed Coleshill that take to the field for the game against Stratford.

Out have gone Aaron Hughes, Greg Dickie and Harry Reece – all to Castle Vale on loan. In have come Tom Busby, Darious Darkin and Cameron Jones.

For Casey, all the movement means it will be a younger, hungrier Coleshill come Saturday.

He said: "We have had some movement this week – and with the games called off on Saturday and Tuesday it was good to keep busy.

"I let the three lads go out on loan just because they needed some game time and Castle Vale were on hand to offer them that.

"In terms of those I have managed to bring in I could not be happier.

"We added Cameron Jones who is a right-winger and who used to play for Romulus and Redditch, he will be great here I am sure.

"We also brought in Tom Busby who is a central midfielder and Darious who is a real coup for us.

"Darious was the youngest ever player to play in an FA Youth Cup final when he played for the Villa a few years ago.

"He has top level experience but for whatever reason it just did not work out for him there.

"He moved down to the Conference after that and played for Nuneaton this season before turning out for Hinckley and Bedworth.

"Bedworth have now let us have him for four to six weeks and that is fantastic.

"He has such quality and for me the only reason it did not work out higher up the leagues is because he is 18 and is just a little young to be turning out against hardened professionals.

"Hopefully during his time with us he will learn that side of the game and it will be a move that benefits everyone."

Coleshill will be taking on Stratford Town at Pack Meadow on Saturday. Kick-off, weather permitting, is 3pm.

Return to “First Team News”