First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Chairman Billing is looking up table

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Chairman Billing is looking up table
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town chairman Paul Billing is confident it is only a matter of time before his side climb the Midland Alliance table.

Heading into Christmas, Coleshill are third from bottom but Billing insists performances have been encouraging enough to suggest that should not be the case.

Indeed, Coleshill were unlucky to lose their latest fixture 1-0 to the runaway league leaders Stratford on Saturday.

Billing said: "We have been playing well and to be honest I think we are in a false position.

"I am not looking down the table. I am looking for us to climb the league as soon as possible and believe we have the players to do so.

"Saturday was another game where we played well and deserved something from the game.

"Most people wouldn't have batted an eye-lid if Stratford had beaten us 4-0.

"But we really tested them and, but for their keeper, Chris Jay, we would have got something from the game.

"Ironically, before the game, some fans shouted 'Calamity Jay' at him but he certainly had the last laugh.

"We just have to take encouragement from our displays of late and I'm pleased with the work Paul Casey is doing.

"Once the lads gel I think the results will come."

Coleshill now face a busy Christmas starting with a home clash against Stourport on Saturday.

They then travel to Boldmere St Michaels on Boxing Day and also face Heather and Coventry Sphinx before 2013.

"A good Christmas really sets you up for the new year so hopefully we can get some points on the board now," Billing added.

"The way I am looking at it, the season start from now and I want us to get 20 points on the board as quickly as possible to make sure we are away from the bottom."

Return to “First Team News”