First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill chief says Casey can take club forward

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:44 am

Coleshill chief says Casey can take club forward
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town chairman Paul Billing believes his club can finally push forward after a turbulent first half of the season.

The Colemen, third from bottom of the Midland Alliance, have endured a campaign of upheaval so far with four managers since August.

Carl Adams quit the club in the summer to join league leaders Stratford Town.

Jason Lanns and Andy Reece have since taken over the managerial reins before departing.

Now Paul Casey is at the helm and Billing said: "It's been a tough couple of seasons for us to be honest and it's hard to understand why.

"We have a reasonable budget at the end of the day.

"Perhaps we have been too nice as a club and have lacked a killer element.

"Last season was really disappointing and this one has been full of upheaval so far.

"When Carl Adams left, we wanted to give Jason Lanns a go. He's a lovely lad but was probably just a bit too nice.

"Then Andy Reece came in and that turned out to be a debacle as he left after three games.

"But I think, in Paul Casey, we have finally got the right man for the job here.

"He's been very professional and has not been scared to change things and shake things up.

"He's got some good contacts and I am confident he will do a good job."

Coleshill are, weather permitting, due to host Heather St John on Saturday.

Billing said: "The season starts here for us now.

"What has happened before is gone and now we want to push on.

"I feel we have a fresh manager who can really take us on in the next 18 months.

"We have shown in recent matches that we can command games.

"We have some good players and I believe they are more than capable of pushing us away from the bottom of the table.

"The aim is to just make sure we pull clear of the bottom three this season.

"If we can do that, I am confident that we will be able to build next season."

Coleshill are also due to play on Wednesday, January 2 when they host Coventry Sphinx at Packmeadow.

Return to “First Team News”