First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill are set for a testing double

Postby Alan Beckett » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 pm

Coleshill are set for a testing double
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town face a testing home double-header this week, if they manage to beat the weather.

A frustrating campaign continued this week as Coleshill saw their clashes with Highgate and Coventry Sphinx called off.

Paul Casey's men will hope for better fortunes this week as they host Westfields on Saturday and Stourport Swifts on Tuesday night.

Both opponents are currently in the top six and chairman Paul Billing said: "I think over six weeks ago, we might have seen these games as damage limitation exercises to be perfectly honest with you.

"The way we were performing earlier in the season, we could have been on a bit of a hiding.

"But I feel a lot more confident about the games now and hopefully, weather permitting, we can go out and give a good account of ourselves this week.

"I just hope we can get the games on. It's so frustrating with the weather right now.

"It's just stop start and, having beaten Kirby in our last game, we just want to try and get some momentum going.

"We are out of the bottom three now so we just want to try and kick on."

Billing, meanwhile, admits he feels much more at ease now he has appointed Paul Casey as manager.

Casey is the club's fourth manager since the summer, with Carl Adams, Jason Lanns and Andy Reece having taken charge.

"I just wish we had made this appointment in the summer now," said Billing.

"Paul has come in and been great with the lads.

"He's the most professional manager I have worked with and I believe he can really help push us on.

"We have 19 games left now to secure our Midland Alliance status now.

"If and when we do that, we can really look forward to next season.

"Paul will have a full pre-season under his belt and we'll be looking to make league progress as well as enjoying a decent run in either the FA Cup or Vase."

Return to “First Team News”