First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey is confident of Coleshill safety

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:43 pm

Casey is confident of Coleshill safety
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town manager Paul Casey was this week defiant about his side's chances of Midland Alliance survival as they head into a season defining period of four games in a week, writes Daniel Newbould.

Coleshill travel to Rocester on Saturday before visiting Highgate next Tuesday, they then visit Studley next Thursday before hosting Tipton on Saturday, April 27.

Casey has earmarked a figure of six points from their remaining games to attain survival but, at present is looking no further than Rocester.

He said: "We all know Highgate and Studley are games where, if we get three points, its three points less for a team below us. But we cannot look at that yet or highlight it. We relish the challenge of the games in quick succession and that starts away to Rocester.

"There is a long way to go, plenty of twist and turns still.

"I think only one of the bottom three at the moment will go down but six points for us should do it.

"To be quite honest with you I am glad we are playing away to them because our pitch is not the best and we have shown already we can win away, that is not a problem."

Casey bemoaned bad luck for Tuesday night's 2-0 defeat to Coventry Sphinx.

But, having beaten Heather 4-0 last Saturday, Casey insisted the Sphinx result was a blip as they head into their remaining six games with momentum.

Casey roared: "Prior to the Coventry game, I would say the last three games we have been fitter, stronger, quicker, more energetic and you can really notice it.

"We have done really well.

"In the second half of the season we have amassed nearly double the amount of points we did in the first half. We are building a team here and its all coming together."

Return to “First Team News”