First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill boss Casey eyes a top eight finish next season

Postby Alan Beckett » Wed May 15, 2013 10:28 am

Coleshill boss Casey eyes a top eight finish next season

Writes The Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey believes he can guide the club to a top eight finish in next season's Midland Football Alliance.

Casey guided the club to 15th place in the table with a thumping 3-0 last day victory over Loughborough University.

It was a fine achievement for the club given their turbulent campaign which saw them in the relegation zone for long periods.

Casey was also the fourth manager to take the reins during the season, after the departures of Carl Adams, Jason Lanns and Andy Reece.

"To finish 15th is a great achievement from this group of lads," said Casey.

"I came in at a difficult time and we were favourites for relegation.

"But we changed the team around and brought in some great lads and they have ended the campaign in real style.

"It gives us some momentum going into next season now and hopefully we can push on.

"The season before last, under Carl Adams, Coleshill finished 16th so we have progressed by one place.

"Next season I want to push on and take the club towards the top eight. I really do believe that is a realistic target for us.

"The squad of players who finished the season can really take us forward and I certainly don't expect to be battling relegation next season.

"If we can keep the lads together and add a couple of strikers, I am confident we can compete against the big guns in this division."

Casey, in his first managerial role with a first team, admitted that the season had been a learning curve for himself.

And he is looking forward to developing his leadership skills even more in the summer.

"I have made mistakes at times," he said. "But it's all about experience.

"I had to deal with the pressure of a team in the bottom three for most of the season.

"Many people thought we were dead and buried when I took over but we have managed to stay up and I feel, as a manager, this season has been a great experience for me.

"We will look to push on now. I want to make us hard to beat and improve our home form, which was poor last season.

"But I also want us to continue to play with flair. My view since taking over is that I want to win games and be positive in making that happen.

"That approach will continue next season."

Coleshill have arranged a number of friendlies for pre-season

6th July Atherstone United Away

9th July Coventry Copsewood Away

13th July Blackwood Fc Away

18th July Bolehall Swifts Away.

23rd July Home TO Stratford Town

27th July Home To Romulus FC.

Return to “First Team News”