First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Boss Casey is delighted as Colemen show ruthless streak

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:13 am

Boss Casey is delighted as Colemen show ruthless streak
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey hailed his side after their 6-1 demolition of Heather on Saturday.

Casey (pictured) said: "Our first half performance was the best of the season so far, storming into a 4-0 lead.

"I was really pleased because against Racing Club Warwick in the FA Vase the week before, we had started really slowly and found ourselves 2-0 down.

"So I wanted the lads to start on the front foot and be bang at it from the word go against Heather, and they were.

"Heather are not a bad side, despite being bottom. They had beaten a very good Tipton side the week before.

"But they way we played, we made them look bad on the day to be fair. I am just really pleased. We are the third highest goalscorers in the Midland Alliance right now.

"Only four teams have conceded less as well. We are defending well as a team, we are strong in midfield and offensively we are clinical. Hopefully we can maintain that kind of form."

Coleshill host Walsall Wood in the Midland Alliance on Saturday before entertaining Boldmere St Michaels in the Polymac Services League cup next Tuesday.

"Walsall Wood are a good side," said Casey. "Their manager Mark Swann is someone I know and he's always done well in football.

"He will have his side prepared well and it will be a tough game for us.

"As for Boldmere, I know the management there very well too and there will be plenty of banter flying about.

"The League Cup is a competition I would like to see us do well in and hopefully we can come through a tricky test against Boldmere."

Casey will be without Dan Holgate and Jazz Luckie for the midweek League cup clash as the pair are cup-tied.

Return to “First Team News”