First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey reflects on fine first 12 months as Coleshill boss

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:20 am

Casey reflects on fine first 12 months as Coleshill boss
Writes the Coleshill Herald

BOSS Paul Casey reflected on 12 months in charge at Coleshill Town this week and admitted: "It's been a fantastic learning experience."

Casey celebrated a year in the job by masterminding his side's 6-1 victory over Heather St John on Saturday.

It's been quite a year for Casey, who took over the club deep in relegation trouble in the Midland Alliance last season.

Having rescued them from the drop, he has guided them to seventh so far this year with the Colemen losing just once in ten games.

"I have got to be happy with the progress we have made," he said. "I have really enjoyed it so far.

"My relationships with other managers have improved as the year has gone on.

"My knowledge of the teams around us and the players they use has improved as well.

"And we have developed as a side, playing some good attacking football and getting great results.

"I am learning all the time but I think that we have to be really happy with how things have gone in the past 12 months and long may it continue."

Meanwhile, manager Casey has bolstered his attacking options this week by signing talented Alvechurch striker Jazz Luckie.

But Matt Brown, who has scored six goals in four games for the Colemen, is wanted by Chasetown.

"Jazz is coming in and we are delighted," said boss Paul Casey. "He's a lively lad, a very good finisher.

"On the other side of things, we have been approached by Chasetown for another striker, Matty Brown.

"He's been in great form so it's not really a surprise but hopefully he will decide to stay with us.

"I don't think he wants to travel and there's the added pressure of the league above. We will see what happens."

Coleshill have suffered a major blow, however, with news that new signing Craig Reid is out for up to nine months.

The former Tamworth and Bolehall defender has damaged knee ligaments.

Coleshill are at home to Walsall Wood on Saturday, kick off 3pm, before entertaining Boldmere St Michaels in the League Cup next Tuesday.

Return to “First Team News”