First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Town boss Casey is focused on 'biggest' test in FA Vase

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:38 pm

Town boss Casey is focused on 'biggest' test in FA Vase
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey says this weekend's FA Vase clash at Long Eaton United is his 'biggest game' as manager.

The Colemen take on their Northern Counties East opponents in the second round of the national competition on Saturday.

It's the start of a huge week for Coleshill who also host Conference side Tamworth in the Birmingham Senior Cup on Tuesday night.

"It's a massive game for us on Saturday and one we are looking forward to," said Casey. "This is my biggest game since becoming manager here I would say.

"The FA Vase is such a big competition and the further you get, the more the excitement builds.

"It would be amazing if we could get a positive result this weekend and keep that excitement going.

"There's no reason why we can't. We have a good side here and we have been in very good form of late.

"I'd back us to give most teams in and around our level a decent game."

Coleshill go into the tricky cup tie on the back of a Midland Alliance defeat at the hands of Causeway United on Saturday.

But Casey thinks that 1-0 loss could actually work in his side's favour this weekend.

"It was a good game of football to be honest," he said. "They scored early on but we responded well and deserved something out of the game in the end.

"We dominated 35-40 minutes of the second half but couldn't get a breakthrough.

"I was disappointed for the players, more than anything, at the end because I don't think they got the rewards for their effort.

"But, although the defeat was frustrating, it might not be a bad thing to go into the FA Vase game on the back of a loss.

"We were unbeaten in ten prior to that and we could have gone into the Vase clash thinking we just had to turn up.

"Now we go there with a bit of extra hunger and desire to bounce back to winning ways."

Casey, however, is expecting a tough game and said: "I have had them watched and it will be tough. They are strong and pass the ball well.

"They also use the flanks effectively.

"We are going to have to be switched on but we can go there confident.

"We are having a good season. We have not been out-played in any game, just out-scored in a few.

"So hopefully we can keep up the good performances we have produced this weekend."

Saturday's match takes place at Grange Park from 3pm, where £1,200 is up for grabs for the winners.

Casey has no fresh injury or suspensions for the game although Dan Holgate and Jazz Luckie are cup-tied.

Return to “First Team News”