First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Buoyant Casey hails FA Vase heroes after fine away victory

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Buoyant Casey hails FA Vase heroes after fine away victory
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey hailed his assistant manager Gareth Palmer and the players as they made club history in the FA Vase on Saturday.

Coleshill secured a 3-1 win at Holwell Sports thanks to goals from Matty Brown (2) and Danny Tymon to reach the fourth round of the national competition.

They will now face Dunston UTS, former winners of the Vase.

Casey said: "My assistant Gareth Palmer deserves plenty of praise.

"I think he's been the best signing I have made to be honest with you.

"He has provided me with the help that I needed and should take a lot of the credit for what we have achieved in the FA Vase.

"The players too have been fantastic for me.

"I am very lucky to have such honest individuals who can really take the club forward.

"We have plenty of youth and experience – it's all going on at Coleshill Town right now."

Reflecting on his side's win over Holwell, Casey admitted he had gone through a gamut of emotions.

Trailing 1-0 at half-time, Casey said: "We did not win a single first or second ball in that first half and we didn't have a shot on target.

"We were getting hammered and lucky to be only a goal down.

"We changed the formation to a 4-4-2 from 4-3-3 after the break and things turned for us.

"Holwell couldn't keep up the pace that they had started the first half at and we took over. The second half performance from us was as good as the first half display was bad.

"It was just really fantastic and it was a day I won't forget. Everyone associated with Coleshill can be very proud of their efforts right now."

Return to “First Team News”