First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town are all set to face another top six challenge

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:54 am

Coleshill Town are all set to face another top six challenge
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town face another test of their top six credentials tonight (Thursday) – if they manage to beat the weather.

Paul Casey's men, currently fifth in the Midland Alliance, are due to play host to fourth-placed Boldmere St Michaels.

Casey said: "The weather forecast isn't great but hopefully the game will be on.

"We are looking forward to it to be honest with you.

"Boldmere are my former club and they are a great club to be fair.

"Stuart Grosvenor is a good manager and he has done well there. He has a good footballing team so it should be a decent game.

"Boldmere are a side who I think could win the Midland Alliance this season.

"They are capable if they string a run together, so it's a good test for us."

Coleshill go into the clash on the back of a 1-1 draw with sixth-placed Coventry Sphinx on Boxing Day, followed by a 2-1 defeat to second-placed Quorn.

"The Coventry Sphinx performance was fantastic from us," said Casey. "We played them off the park to be fair. It was a powerful performance but we ended up having to settle for the point."

He added: "Against Quorn, I don't have any complaints about the result.

"We were beaten fair and square by a side who could well go on a win the league title at the end of the season.

"But I don't personally think the game should have gone ahead.

"The pitch was absolutely awful, the worst surface I have had a team play on for four or five years.

"We really struggled with that surface and I just think it was a shame that two good teams had to play on that.

"But I felt that we still competed well. There are four sides in this league who I feel can win it.

"Boldmere and Quorn are two with the others being Tividale and Highgate and I don't think we are a million miles away from them.

"Overall, I am over the moon with the way things have gone in the first half of this season and hopefully we can kick on in the New Year.

"We have the FA vase and the league to look forward to so there's lots to be positive about."

Return to “First Team News”