First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey is so proud as Vase dreams comes to an end

Postby Alan Beckett » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Casey is so proud as Vase dreams comes to an end
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey hailed his players after their heroic defeat in the FA Vase on Saturday.

Now he has challenged the squad to earn a top eight Midland Alliance finish and make club history again.

Coleshill lost 2-1 after extra time to former Vase winners Dunston in round four of this year's competition at the weekend.

It was the furthest Coleshill had gone in the competition and Casey said: "My lads were incredible and I could not have asked anymore of them.

"You have to realise we were up against a side who won the FA Vase at Wembley two years ago.

"They knocked another successful non-league side – Whitley Bay – out of the competition in the last round.

"Their calibre, for a step five side, is something else and yet we have gone to their place and given them a real game.

"There were fantastic performances from all of my players. It was a great team effort and we could not have played any better – that's the ultimate compliment.

"To be fair, I don't think they could have played any better either and the difference on the day was just that little bit of luck.

"The lads have well and truly done me proud, they really have."

Return to “First Team News”