First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill chief is thrilled by progress and targets more

Postby Alan Beckett » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:10 pm

Coleshill chief is thrilled by progress and targets more
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL chairman Paul Billing has set his sights on promotion from the Midland Alliance in the next two or three years – to match the ambitions of first team manager Paul Casey.

Coleshill are enjoying a fine campaign and are currently sixth in the Midland Alliance.

They also reached the fourth round of the FA Vase and Billing admits he is delighted with the progress being made.

But now he has set his sights on further success and promotion to the Southern League is on his agenda.

"I have to say I am ecstatic with the way things are going this season," said Billing.

"We had a tough campaign last season but Paul Casey came in and steadied the ship.

"Now he has moved us on and it's fantastic what he has done this year.

"He has really sorted us out and got some good young players into the club.

"He works his socks off, he really does, and his decision-making has been spot on.

"He has created a great team spirit at the club and it's all positive now.

"I just think that now, as a club, we need to look forward and set our sights on promotion in the next couple of years.

"Paul really loves it at Coleshill but he is an ambitious manager who wants to test himself at as high a level as he can in the long-term.

"So, as a club, we have to try to match that ambition and progress."

Billing believes that the club can do just that and says interest in Coleshill is improving.

That, he believes, was aided by the club's FA Vase run but also the brand of football currently on show at Coleshill.

"Hopefully, as a club, we can increase gates over the next few months," Billing said. "Just adding 25-30 onto our crowds makes a difference.

"There has been more interest and the FA Vase run helped with that.

"I don't think people outside of non-league football realise how great the FA Vase can be in terms of generating interest.

"I think our style of play has massively improved as well though.

"At the end of the day, you have got to give people value for money.

"There are a million and one things that people can do with their Saturday afternoons.

"So we are working hard to give them nice facilities, food and a good game of football.

"The games have been very entertaining this season and if we can attract more people to come and watch us by playing that way, that's great."

Coleshill, whose home game with Dunkirk was postponed on Saturday, are due to travel to Rocester on Saturday before visiting Tividale on Tuesday.

Return to “First Team News”