First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill's Casey anticipates an exciting end to campaign

Postby Alan Beckett » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 pm

Coleshill's Casey anticipates an exciting end to campaign

Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey says he is anticipating an exciting run-in to the Midland Alliance season.

Coleshill, sixth in the table, are on a fine run of form with four straight wins in the Alliance, the last of which was a 2-1 win at Heath Hayes.

They play host to fellow high-fliers Causeway United on Saturday and Casey is relishing the clash as he sets his sights on a top three finish.

"I would say the top three is still a possibility," said Casey (right). "We are five points off it and I think it's going to be an exciting run-in to the end of the campaign.

"There are five or six teams who could finish in the top three and it's going to be really fascinating.

"Hopefully we can be in with a shout and if we continue the form that we have shown of late, we definitely will have a chance.

"I just need my players to dig in for one last push in the final six weeks of the campaign."

Whatever happens, Casey's men are set to achieve, as a bare minimum, his goal at the start of the campaign.

"I wanted us to improve on eighth place, which is the highest position Coleshill has achieved," he said.

"Anything higher than that would be a bonus but we are in a position where we can finish higher.

"It's been an incredible season so far, with a good campaign in the league as well as a fine run in the FA Vase.

"When I look back to last year, we were third from bottom of the Midland Alliance and it was around this time of the year that six or seven players quit the club.

"So it's been quite an incredible turn of events that we have progressed from a struggling squad to one sitting in a healthy position in the top eight, looking to go higher.

"We have been on a great run of form and we have shown that we can beat anyone. We haven't just defeated the struggling teams but the likes of leaders Quorn as well.

"It's been a fantastic effort from the lads. They have been terrific and hopefully we can keep it going.

"The players are fit, sharp, strong and ready to go."

The only downside for Coleshill is that Declan Kirby broke his leg playing for Birmingham University.

"I am gutted for him," said Casey. "Hopefully we can get him back for pre-season. He will have six weeks in plaster but then he will have ten weeks until July to start doing some rehab so we look forward to him getting himself back to fitness as soon as possible."

Return to “First Team News”