First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Casey targets second place!

Postby Alan Beckett » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:50 am

Casey targets second place as Coleshill Town winning run finally ends
Writes the Coleshill Herald

MANAGER Paul Casey believed his side were second best all over the park as Coleshill Town's nine-game winning run came to an abrupt end.

The midweek 3-1 reverse at Kirby Muxloe ended Town's incredible run – and Casey insisted the result was a deserved one.

"We made a lot of changes, we had to because of all the games we have played of late," he said. "Kirby were better than us all over the pitch and were on top throughout the game.

"They were a very strong physical team and to be honest, I think the game against Stourport took it out of us."

Coleshill's chances were not assisted by Luke Edwards' red card for violent conduct just after his side had halved the deficit.

"If I was him I would be getting back to the half way line and be thinking; we're right back in this," said Casey.

"But instead he's got involved with something and has got himself sent off.

"He's now going to be out for at least three games and get a big fine.

"I never understand why players get themselves sent off, I mean I never got sent off in my playing career.

"It's disappointing for everybody."

Casey has pledged not to make as many changes to his side again as they target a second place finish in the Alliance.

Next up is another away game, this time at bottom club Heather St John.

"Heather have got the best pitch in the league and I will be bringing a few lads back in to the side," added Casey.

"We want to go out there and play some good football again like we have been all season and get the Kirby game out of our system.

"Finishing second has to be our aim between now and the end of the season, which would be a magnificent achievement for this club.

"We might punch above our weight in this league in terms of finance and facilities, but in terms of players on the pitch I believe I have some of the best players in the league.

"When I joined this club last season were down near the bottom and we ended up finishing 15th.

"And now this season we have every chance of finishing the season second which would be a remarkable achievement for the players and everyone at the club."

Return to “First Team News”