First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town boss reflects on 'incredible season'

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat May 10, 2014 9:24 am

Coleshill Town boss reflects on 'incredible season'
Writes the Coleshill Herald

Coleshill Town boss Paul Casey has hailed his side's 'incredible journey' this season – and now wants to see more progress at the club.

Coleshill achieved their highest-ever league finish, claiming fourth in the Midland Alliance.

They also reached the fourth round of the FA Vase – the furthest they have progressed in their history.

"I remember in August and September, people saying to me,'you have had a good start haven't you?

"Then it got to October and we were unbeaten and should have won team of the month.

"The form just kept going, November and December we only lost once in each month.

"And we have maintained our form.

"It's just been a fantastic season for us. We have lost 10 league games, we had nine straight wins at one stage and one of the most pleasing things for me is no-one did the double over us.

"Fourth is the club's highest-ever position and it could have been second.

"When you look back to when I came in last year we were second from bottom so it's been a fantastic rise."

Casey admits things will now be different as the Colemen prepare for next season's campaign.

"The expectation will probably be higher," he said. "But that's fine for me because I am here to win things. Football, for me, isn't something I am in to just get out of the house – it's a passion from which I want to win trophies.

"It will be interesting next year. The seasoned teams, your Boldmeres etc will want to push on and it should be an open league.

"But I want to take this club forward too and hopefully we can keep 98 per cent of the players and build on what we have achieved this year.

"We will aim to do even better next year."

Coleshill held their end-of-season awards on Saturday with Danny Douglas (manager's award), Luke Edwards (fans), Barry Fizharris (players' player) and Leon Weller (young player) picking up the honours.

Return to “First Team News”