First Team News

Moderator: Alan Beckett

Alan Beckett
Site Admin

Coleshill Town boss Casey bolsters his ranks

Postby Alan Beckett » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:20 am

Coleshill Town boss Casey bolsters his ranks
Writes the Coleshill Herald

COLESHILL Town boss Paul Casey has bolstered his attacking options for the Midland Alliance campaign by capturing Dean Withers and Tom Weale.

The new arrivals highlight Casey's determination to build on last season's campaign which saw the club finish fourth.

The capture of Weale is eye-catching, with the former Atherstone midfielder arriving from Barwell.

Winger Withers, a former Wolves trainee, joins from Heather St John.

Jonathan Jones, Chris Jay and Tom Turner have also been added to the squad.

"Things are taking shape nicely now," said Casey. "Last season was a record-breaking campaign for us and the aim is to try to improve on that.

"I am over the moon that we have pretty much been able to sign all of last season's squad.

"The only player I wanted to keep who has left is full back Will Worthington, who is having 12 months off to finish his studies at university.

"The new lads add to what we already have here. We had a great campaign last season and I believe that we have improved the squad already by bringing them in.

"Now it's a case of how quickly we can hit the ground running. If we can get off to a good start I will be delighted as I think we will improve as the season goes on.

"I think we can take a lot of confidence from last year and I am already excited by the start of the season."

Casey is still looking to add further names to his squad before the start of pre-season.

He added: "I am hoping to add a left back soon.

"We lose Ashley Bradshaw for most of August due to his holiday commitments.

"He will miss the first seven matches so we need to strengthen that department."

Return to “First Team News”